Elaine's brother Luciano joined us for dinner. Apparently Graca's tripe dish is a favorite of his and he made a special trip to have it with us. The name of the dish was Dobradinha.

Today we made bacon and eggs with homefries for Adriana and Graca. It was a bigger breakfast than they were used to. But apparently Graca liked it and said she was going to make if for breakfast at home.

For the last week everyone has been asking me if I went to the beach yet. I thought it was a bizzare question because Elaine's family lives within walking distance of the beach. We have walked that beach a few times now. This time we really went to the beach. Adriana, Elaine and I went to Elaine's beach. We took some folding chairs and a six-pack of beer at about 11:00 in the morning and stayed until about 2:30 pm.
It seems like it took us about 15 minutes to get to Elaine's beach. I was facinated by the scenery along the way.

I got a little carried away with the camera. What a beautiful place to be. It has a bar that is open weekends and summertime.

We had the fortune of being there alone without the crowds. Elaine and I took a nice long stroll down the beach and in the ocean.

As we walked along the beach we could see the turtles just off shore feeding. Their heads bobbed only momentarily and I had no hope of photographing them.

As we walked along the beach there were little holes dug in the sand and once in a while a little crab would poke its head out.

In Portuguese it is called Siri. These little crabs actually were everywhere if you looked closely.
We had to leave the beach a little after 2:00 pm. Adriana had a nice little place to show us.

It was a camp ground at the ocean with a Pousada and a restaurant with a dance floor.

It is a nice place and we are considering having the wedding there with the same caterer as we had at Mr. Bellinelli's birthday party. I am getting really excited as I listen to Adriana and Elaine plan for our wedding next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment